- Tags – So I can group together items for different situations
- Item duplicate – To avoid having to copy paste a lot of data
- Ability to move a folder into another folder. Now I have to create a new folder where I want to move the items, move all the items, then delete the old foler.
- Secure notes with a password and username field. Just like a “site”, except it does not have a url. It would be perfect to use in e.g mobile app logins. Why does this not exist?
Things I wonder about
- Are all data encrypted? Also comment fields?
- Why does the “view my deleted items” go to a lastpass.com website, instead of the chrome plugin?
- How often does LastPass synchronize items, and does it do delta-sync? (and is that one item at a time?)
- The security. Having my (encrypted) data stored at some companys server
- Why does “secure notes” have a “copy username” and “copy password” context menu, when a regular secure note does not have these fields?
Problems importing data from Keepass
I have tried to import entries from Keepass, using the keepass xml export functionality. The basic import works, however there is quite a few quirks.
- Import from Keepass is automatically turned into Lastpass “secure notes” if they are missing and url. I then have to create a new “site entry”, enter an url, and copy the data over there. Instead of being able to just add an url field afterwards, if it is missing.
- Import from Keepass, sometimes triples, or quadruples all the text in the comment field!
- Import from Keepass messes up special norwegian characters “æøå”
In addition to the bugs mentioned in the section above:
- File attachments for secure notes in lastpass, loose their filenames. When saving such a file to disk from lastpass, the filname field is completely blank, but the file extension seems to be correct. This makes it impossible to know which file I am actually saving…
- Updating sites and secure notes with file attachments is a mess, sometimes it does not work to delete attachments.
- I cannot find the “History” tab for secure notes, to view a notes history, although it’s described here.
Things I miss from Keepass
- Having the option in Keepass to use a password and a keyfile, for extra security.
- Better control over the entries, with entry duplication, change history and more
- Can use keyfile in addition to the password
- Better overview of all folders and items
- Being able to view attachment file sizes
- Being able to see which entries that have attachments in the main list
Things I don’t like about Lastpass
- The folder dropdown dialog when creating a new site or secure note. This list becomes quite ugly after adding a couple of folders
Things I like about LastPass
- Browser integration
- Mobile app
Now, these things you may be able to do with Keepass and plugins, and by syncing the database over Dropbox, but that is a tad more cumbersome.